Building & Refurbishment
In 2000 Harrold-Jones Services included a construction division to its growing portfolio. This division allowed us to undertake works which would compliment our other divisions allowing us to carry out total refurbishment works and new builds.
We now undertake work from small projects to large managed sites, working closely with structural engineers, consultants and architects. In many cases we are actively involved at the design stage and can offer full project management through to completion. Our extensive experience enables us to utilise and manage our network of suppliers and manufacturers to facilitate smooth transaction for our clients.
HJS continue to fulfil numerous contracts to redevelop and modernise various departments in Private Hospital sites, NHS Hospitals, community health centres and doctors surgeries, utilising our knowledge and experience whilst working alongside members of the public and healthcare staff in what can sometime be sensitive and challenging environments.
- Fully refurbished anaesthetic suites and operating theatres
- Redeveloped ward areas to satisfy new patient privacy and dignity requirements
- Fully refurbished shower and toilet facilities for both patients and staff alike
- Extensive adaptations to provide anti ligature compliance
- Working alongside various consultants to develop new specialist departments
- Redeveloping redundant spaces to provide hospital radio studios
For many years HJS have and continue to carry out an extensive variety of refurbishment projects in numerous schools, colleges and universities around the country. These range from modest general maintenance issues through to extensive remodelling and change of use of entire departments, often within very short time scales and with very specific design parameters.
- Music department recording studios, sound proof practice booth and performance areas
- Specific ventilation, air conditioning and electrical installations
- Laboratory refurbishment with very specific needs
- The construction of extensive and very specific brick laying, plastering, carpentry & joinery, decorating,
- Plumbing and electrical, teaching facilities, external landscaping, security fencing, gates and automatic traffic control barriers
Office Refurbishment Example
This was project managed by HJS using our own qualified workforce. Work included replacement of 3 storey wooden staircase with a bespoke stainless steel and glass balustrade complete with handrails to give a new and modern look.
HJS also undertook the following major improvements:
- All Electrical work including networked controlled lighting
- Installation of a new data cabling network throughout the building
- Under floor busbar trunking
- Replacement of existing toilets and wash hand basins including new vanity units and cubicles
- Replacement of 60 internal fire doors with new veneered doors
- Painting, Decorating, Carpeting to a high class finish
- New suspended ceiling and partitioning throughout to create new office space
Here at HJS all of our operatives are fully experienced to offer a reactive or planned maintenance service to commercial and public sector customers.
We are able to carry out pre-planned maintenance issues scheduled around your specific requirements. This is a service we promote as a tried and tested method of controlling your budgets and avoiding those unwanted problems.